Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Eco Friendly Dream Home!

Sigh!!!

I have another obsession and it has nothing to do with hair.

I love modern eco friendly architecture. My dream and my ultimate goal in life, is to build a house made from local products; metals (galvanized steel) etc, concrete flooring, simplistic design, using very little wood and the wood I use must be from sustainable forestry.
Rectangular shapes allows for better air flow. Open spaces, Floor to ceiling windows allowing as much light in as possible, to keep me from using electricity during the day. Solar panels, solar water heaters, radiant flooring. I want it all!!!

I even took a course on sustainable building to help me understand the terms and products that can be used to help me and I did pretty well on it too!

Living in NY, I don't know how possible it is to have such modern architecture. I may have to move to Canada, California, Boston, Portland or Chicago where more of these homes are acceptable, or move to the furtherest point in Long Island, where your closest neighbour is about a mile or 2 away.

Sigh!!




Simple design

Use of metals and concrete
Exterior Design The BR House Eco Friendly Home by Lynx Architecture 03
Simplicity with Beauty
shredded jeans encased in wire mesh insulate the ceiling and walls of the living room. Red-lacquered Ikea cabinets, topped with the same black-stained concrete as the floor, define the open kitchen
Polished Concrete floors

A Zen Space!!
h20-designs-water-features-wooden-decks.jpg
Beautiful Way to Create a Peaceful Garden and still be in your home!
Allowing nature inside brings peace
Look at the views!!
It's all about the views

These are just some homes that inspire me.

2 comments:

  1. Girl... I hear you on this. I would so love to have one myself with a greenhouse on the roof to garden year round producing my own food and solar panels on the roof to generate my own electrical power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah... you're more than welcome to move to Canada.. we'll build the house here... each with our own half and we can share the rooftop garden. hehe.

    ReplyDelete