Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Beginning


I always believed I was in love with my hair!

It has been detrimental in my total appearance throughout my life. I have been doing my own hair from the age of twelve. I learned on my own, to cut it myself. I have styled it a million ways, rocked so many haircuts; from the McLyte mushroom w/hair in the back to the Salt-N-Pepa asymmetric bob, to Toni Braxton and Halle's signature cut. I've even had finger waves, braids and an occasional glued in track.I've had it all!

I put hairspray, gel, mousse, grease etc.. I used Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizer like there was no tomorrow as my hair was dry and I figured adding more would soften my hair right on up! Pro Ampro gel was a staple in my arsenal of go-to products. I made sure it didn't dry up near my ears or flake up too much by sometimes adding a little bit of water
I have coloured my hair in various tones ranging from a light honey blonde to the blackest of blacks. I have even done the worst to it, relaxing, then colouring a few days later! I didn't start wearing satin or silk scarves until my college years, it was always cotton for me!!

My hair length always ranged from closely cropped, to shoulder length. I never gave my hair the chance to grow past that because I always wanted to have the latest style and I was never all that interested in length. I mean, yeah I would have liked hair down to my waist, but I didn't think I could achieve that, or could I?


2 comments:

  1. heyyyy girl!!! i love ur new blog ...keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, i just saw your video on youtube and don't have all the ingredients yet to try it but I would love to sometime. Your hair looks really healthy! Thanks for the vid :-)

    ReplyDelete